Sunday, May 16, 2004

Stars and Light, Shine so Bright 02:03 am
I see stars from this window. And city lights. It makes me reminisce to times long gone - and I realize now how much I miss it. They're very special. White and yellow they brighten the night, contesting celestial bodies in this feud against darkness. They also bring a slight feeling of helplessness to my heart, reminding me of when I last lay awake, staring into the prism that is a sleeping city.

Perhaps, however, this feeling of belonging really means this is where I should stay. But even if I did find a place here, I would never quite experience it as strongly and happily as today. The sence of freedom and life that is here is indescribable, but I will try anyway.
Maybe it is the underlying love and care for each other that makes my heart swell, or maybe the fun they have is simply so alien to me. But most of all I think it is the state of honest presence that is so overwhelming. "I am me to you, and I know you are yourself to me."
That is truly admirable, loveable and desirable.

I can't help but envy this, as I do with so much and many these days. Still, most of all I go to sleep with a feeling of guilt for neglecting such a dear and precious friend. I hope that I may once more earn that place in her heart that I held, not without quite a bit of pride. Forgive me, yet again.

Goodnight.
Current Mood: indescribable

No comments: