Sunday, March 21, 2004

Philosophy - stirred, not shaken 06:18 pm
My cat is sitting next to me, looking into thin air. I wonder what she sees that I don't. I'm sure there is something. I've often wondered if maybe they are spirits, or something equally silly - but I can't be put to blame for thinking that, can I? I don't know if I'm a firm believe in 'supernatural' things like ghosts and the likes.. Perhaps they are just good descriptors to attribute happenings that we can't grasp to. And perhaps, my cat is really just asleep with her eyes open.

I would never claim to know the truth, but once in a while, I can't help that self-righteous feeling; "Of course I am!" It's comforting, sometimes, to believe that you're right about something. But when the feeling settles, you're left with the same cold feeling that you're a nothing in a world that has everything. Who cares about my opinion anyway?

"... Or pun ambiguous, or conundrum quaint..."
With the cold realization that I'm in all likelyhood wrong about almost everything - then I'm at least right about that. But, this is like being right in saying "cancer can't be cured"... Well. Maybe more like "this fairly unknown and relatively ugly flower will soon be extinct" - nobody wants to be right about that. I hope.

Perhaps I should aim at becoming a completely ignorant bastard with no regards for the opinions of other people. At least it won't be too bad if I fail horribly. And if that's what I already am... Well, I suppose ignorance is bliss.
Current Mood: Ranting
Current Music: Sorten Muld - 2 Søstre

No comments: