Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Batteries 04:07 am
I'm looking at the mouse in my hand. It's a wireless mouse, and the battery is flat. It's blinking red, so there is no reason to doubt this statement. It will turn off soon, if I don't recharge it.

The mouse that does not have an indicator is worse off. Nobody will see that it is slowly worn down, and will eventually die. Hidden behind a passionless plastic visage, it's life will be spent pointlessly. It cannot cry out, or it's shell will break, and it would be disposed of as any other piece of broken equipment.

Each time, a funeral. And with just the passing of days will the undertaker be paid, the dead removed, and the tears forgotten.

Recycling. Will it make you feel better when I'm spent?
Current Music: Evanescence - My Immortal

No comments: